Friday, July 18, 2008

Mommy & Daddy Never Sounded So Sweet

"Today,we've become a family, not because we share the same genes but because we share love for one another"!
Our birth mother has selflessly signed the paperwork and placed her baby girl into our care. I am flooded with gratefulness, a heavy heart for our birth mom and a deep love for a baby girl that I could not love more if I had birthed her myself.
Thank you Jesus for a birth mom that chose life, took beautiful care of herself during pregnancy and was obedient to what you have laid on her heart.
We are eternally grateful for the greatest gift we've received during our married life.

20 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys. We will continue to pray for Judy and her family. Hope Victoria is a beautiful little girl, who will be showered with love. We cant wait to meet her. Love you guys!
Shannon, Steve and Cameron

Anonymous said...

Rick and Michelle,
We are sooooo happy for you and baby Hope. Congratulations and we cannot wait to meet the newest member of the Nicely family! Many hugs and kisses from VA and congratulations again on your beautiful baby girl.
Love,
The Deals

Mrs. Mahr said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family. What a miracle! It comforts me that this took place on Mama and Papa's anniversary. They wouldn't have wanted anything more than for you all to become parents. I wish I could be there to hug you all!

All my love,
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle and Rick (aka Mommy and Daddy),
This little girl has no idea that she is one of the most blessed children in the world.

From the night I prayed over you all when you had to give little Gabriel up, I knew that God would eventually give you all "the desires of your heart." Lisa, Sophie and I could not be more happy for you all even if she were our own.

You are about to embark on one of the most rewarding and challenging things in life, and I can't wait to see how God uses you, Rick, and Hope to accomplish His purposes.

Congratulations and we can't wait to meet the princess!!

Much Love,

John, Lisa, and Sophie

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! What a BEAUTIFUL precious baby - a true gift from God! Ryan and I are so thankful for your little blessing and are here if you need anything!
A little girl... oh, how wonderful!

Anonymous said...

God is sooooooooo good!!!! Amen!!! Love the picture of the 3 of you!!!!

Melanie said...

YEAH!!! What a blessing and a gift from the Lord. We're rejoicing with you from 3,000 miles away! We can't wait to hold her!

Viv said...

Finally, this is the photo I've been waiting all week to see!
You saved the best for last..haha
I love seeing the two of you w/a
beautiful daughter!!
We are so happy for you!
Love Viv

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!! Our hearts are full of joy and praise as we celebrate this amazing blessing with you!
We love you,
Steve, Tammy, Rachel, Rebekah, Rene', and Jamie :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world sweet little Hope Victoria. There are loads of people that have been praying for you for a very long time. We love your Mommy and Daddy very much and our hearts are about to beat out of our chests because baby girl, "God has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Praise you, sweet Jesus!
The Dudley's

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing.

May you savor every sleepless night as you enjoy your gift from Jesus.
Can't wait to share the mommy journey.

Love you,
Mia

Anonymous said...

Rick and Michelle, Our God is So Good! It brings tears to my eyes to see your new family. We will continue to pray for you all and we send lots of ((((((Hugs)))))) to you all. Can't wait to see little Hope.
Blessings,
The Causey Family

Anonymous said...

Rick,Michelle and Baby Hope!!

The Mills family is so excited!! God is so Good!! He knew this day would come.. She is so beautiful!! What wonderful memories you have coming your way. We cannot wait to meet her. We are praying for you All to have a safe return.

God Bless
The Mills Family

Anonymous said...

Rick,Michelle and "sweet" baby Hope!!

We are Sooo excited for you!! We are praising him, dancing for Joy!! God Is so Good...he knew this time would come!! This is one of the the happiest moments of your life... friends there are many more to come!! She is will bring you so many smiles!! We cannot wait to meet her.. Praying for a safe return for ALL. See you soon.

Rejoicing His Name
Forrest, Kelly, Kristin and Hannah Mills

Our Piedmont Hills said...

Rick and Michelle,
Congratulations! The Lord knew that you were SO READY for this precious gift, and our perfect Shepherd certainly led you to the right place! What a fitting name you have given your little lamb! After hearing Rick's voice on Thursday, I could tell that his heart has totally melted with love for his baby girl, and he is so thankful to the Lord. I am so excited for you both!
Love,
Jolene

Anonymous said...

God is so good. Can't wait to see the new addition. Are you selling tickets for Rick's return from Romania and reunion with his baby girl. I'd love to have a front row seat!!! Love you guys.
The Beavons

Anonymous said...

Rick and Michelle,
She is a precious gift that you will treasure always! We can't wait to see how God uses all of you to bless those around you, as you share of God's grace and faithfulness...Love and a hug, Jeff and Pam Smith

Anonymous said...

Isa 45:3, "I will give you the treasures of darkness and riches from secret places, so that you may know that I, the Lord, the God of Israel, call you by your name."

Rick & Michelle,

We have prayed you through some dark times... and now God has brought forth a priceless treasure, and placed her in your arms! He even calls you by name, "Daddy Rick and Mommy Michelle!!" :)

May you be "richly" blessed with your sweet baby Hope!

Rejoicing with you,
Susan & Charlie

Anonymous said...

Rick & Michelle,
I can't begin to tell you how excited we were when we heard about your recent adoption. She is truly a blessed child to have been added to your family.
You are in our prayers that all of your needs will be met as soon as possible so you can come home.
Love, Dwight/Wanda Graupman

Anonymous said...

We share your sweet emotion of gratitude and answer to prayer, understanding the ten years of waiting upon the Lord! He is Good and His timing is perfect!!
She is a beautiful precious princess placed in the perfect home for her! Congratulations!!