Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hope Is 1 Week Old Today







Today, our little Princess is 1 week old. Her features continue to change, however her bold blue eyes have remained. Her hair is a strawberry blond and quite fine. She has a cute little button nose and lips that are full and very

distinguished.Hope is a good eater and looks as though she is adding another chin. Hope is very alert and loves to be sang to. When I lay her down to sleep and she's not quite out yet, she wines just a bit to let me know that she wants to be snuggled. It takes about five minutes of snuggle time and she's out cold.


The more I look at her, the more I love her. The more I serve her the more I love being her Mommy. Those hours in the night don't seem so difficult when I know its her that Im waking up to. When its me that she quiets for and its me she's looking for as I speak in the room the more I know she is depending on me and recognizing me as her Mommy.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy One Week Birthday, Angel!

Elaine

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so amazing that something so small can change our lives in such a huge way. I still feel that same way for Ireland. Although I don't like it when she cries, I can't get upset with her because I know that it is me that she is relying on and even when she's crying, she still looks so cute and melts my heart. It was amazing to me how it never bothered me having to get up at night with her, since I am someone that needs my sleep...but like you said, I am her mommy and she is depending on me to meet her needs. It's such an awesome feeling to know that I can meet her needs for her and take care of her. Hope is so adorable. I can't wait for her and Ireland to meet each other. We hope to be able to visit you soon. You are in our prayers continuously. I am hoping you can get back home before Rick arrives home from Romania.

Anonymous said...

Michelle and Rick,

You've taken on the best job in the world - the job of a parent. There is no job more difficult or more rewarding. The whole world could hate you, but little Hope will always be glad to see you!She is so blessed to have you as parents, and I know you feel blessed to have her in your life. Amazingly, she gets even more beautiful every day.

Elisabeth

Keith & Alicia said...

She is absalutely gorgeous!!! She just gets cuter and cuter in each new picture.