

Our little Princess weighed in at exactly 10 lbs yesterday! She does not play when it comes to eating. She woke up last night everey 2 hours to eat. Im not sure why because the two nights before she woke up evey four hours to eat.
The Adotpion Agency called yesterday to say we would be fortunant if our package left OH today. They are backed up with many cases ahead of us. We've prayed and trusted thus far and will continue to.
Im sure we will not be home when Rick arrives because the ICPC office is closed for the weekend. Looks like we will continue to rest in OH. My friend Jane is taking wonderful care of us. She is a fabulous cook, we're safe and Hope and I have a beautiful room to share. We're so thankful for Jane and Steve, their hospitality and love for baby Hope.
As you see in the picture Hope has a silly look'n binky in her mouth that the hospital gave her. It doesnt really match her outfit but its OK if she has it once in a while. She actually just prefers to cuddle most of the time while falling asleep but occasionally she likes it. She would rather have her fingers but hasnt gotten past scratching her face so when Im holding her I give her her fingers for comfort, if she is in her bed or chair I have to put her gloves on.
We love you all and continue to covet your prayers during this process, I miss Rick terribly and can't wait to have him here soon!
10 comments:
i love you mrs.M
and i miss you so much!!
she looks amazing and i aready love her!!
love,
Rhainnon
Ten pounds, Oh my word!!!! What are you feeding that child???? She'll be walking before I get to hold her. I miss you and I miss being able to hold a newborn..... We're praying and hoping you will be home before too long.
Love,
Mom
Oh, my gracious!! She's a big girl. :0) They usually lose weight in those first few days. Ireland was 9 lbs 2 oz. at birth, then dropped to a little over 8lbs, and at her 2 month checkup was 12 lbs. She has her 4 month checkup next week and I'm curious to find out how much she weighs. She's gotta be around 15 lbs now. She cut her first tooth on Monday!! I can't believe it...already. She's doing really good with it though. I'm really hoping for you to be able to come home soon. We have some gifts for Hope. :0) We hope to see you soon!! Take care and get some rest.
Michelle,
Go to the closet bookstore and buy the book entitled "Baby Wise." If you read it and do as it says, you're baby will be on schedule and Sophie was sleeping thru the night at 3 weeks (10 pm-6 am). One of the best things you'll ever do. It came highly recommeded by a mother of 6, and it worked with all of them. Call me if you need me to give you the short version. Princess Hope is getting prettier every day. Give her a big hug for all of us. Can't wait to meet her!!
Much Love,
Lisa, John, and Sophie
Rick and Michelle,
She is beautiful! God has been so good to you both. We can not wait to see her and see al that God will do in your new family. Enjoy!
Steven and Ashley Smith
Yay! I was 10 lbs 2 oz when I was born, so she fits in perfectly with our fam! I am sure Rick is dying to get home! I can't wait to here how much fun he has with her! You are doing such a great job keeping us up to date. I really appreciate it!
Love you guys!
Lisa :)
Michelle, I am so happy for you and Rick. I could not believe it when I saw the announcement in the children's wing on Sunday. Whenever, I see you and my little George Thomas I am reminded of little Gabriel too because G.T. was born a few months later. I am so happy that God has provided a little girl for you now and Kelsey can't wait to meet her and become great friends. We will be praying for your safe return to VA and anticipating meeting your little Princess. God bless you and your newest family member.
Amy Thorne
Im so happy for you guys.
Addy eats every 2 hours on occasion, likely when she gets a growth spurt. During her 3rd week she was very clingy and ate nonstop. They say until about 2-4 months they really dont have a schedule. I broke Addy of waking up at night by changing her diaper before the night feedings and so she can sleep after then changing her diaper after her day time feedings so she wakes up.
10 lbs... she is just trying to keep up with the rest of the family and add some sweet meat to her thighs :) Let me know when you see the 3rd and 4th chin appearing. I cant wait to snuggle with her. I am so excited that Rick gets to come home today. I hope you guys have a reunion SOON!! Love you all!
Shannon
Michelle,
The baby advice books are helpful. Here's a quote from one that i have found to be the best and most reliable:
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, I know that full well". Psalm 139:14
This helped me to realize that there is only one child like your child, whose needs may also be unique to your child. What works for one child may not work for another. God will equip you to meet the needs of Hope.
Love,
Michelle
Post a Comment