At noon I held tightly as I said good-bye to Judy, Hope's birth mom. The English language could never describe the gratefulness that Rick and I are having for this priceless gift. Yet, we are compassionate that Judy is experiencing that same amount of emotion yet painfully. God has surrounded Judy with a host of friends that are encouraging her and loving her through this time, that in itself is an answer to prayer.
Many have stopped by to meet Hope and us, her possible adoptive parents. I say possible since we are still in the midst of the 72 hours and respect that time for our birth mother.
Hope was taken to the nursery last night for her belly rubin test and a Hepatitis B shot. Today, they took her again for blood work. The nurse commented on her lungs and what good shape they are in.The Doctors continue to reassure us that she looks great and her scores are perfect.
The above picture is similar to Hope's hospital picture, the blanket behind her is the blanket my MaMa had made for me as a baby.
Fortunately Hope has been very contented for the last 24 hours. She is very alert and gives me her attention during awake time. Her skin is a beautiful color, yesterday she gave me a darling smile that showed off the dimple on her right cheek. She likes to cuddle, so this morning I sang praises of thanksgiving for her life...all the while holding her close and enjoying the moments.
7 comments:
We are praying for you and LOVE you guys very much. We are so happy God has answered the multitude of prayers. We will pray for a peaceful upcoming week for you and Rick while he's away and that your journey home is safe and filled with Joy!!!
There is just nothing better, or more precious. I am enjoying reading your blogs, Michelle and am anxiously awaiting the end of this 72 hour period for you and Rick. I know you are really enjoying your time with her. I pray that you have all the years to come with her. I know I've already told you a million times, but I tell you again, our prayers are with you and we love you!!
With tears of joy, we look at this precious little girl. She is a beautiful gift from a gracious God! Anna Grace saw her picture and said, "bebe" with much excitement and a smile. She can't wait to meet her new playmate. Hope will bring blessings without number and measureless joy. We can't wait to meet her. We are thinking of you and praying often!
The Short family
I LOVE that picture! What a peaceful face. She knows she's loved and loves hearing your voice Michelle.
She is such a precious gift!! I hope you're having a sweet time bonding together! Enjoy each second. We're praying that the Lord will fill your hearts with peace and joy in the next few days. I cannot wait to see that little one and snuggle her.
Sending love and prayers~ Melanie
What a beautiful little girl! She is a living, breathing reminder of God's infinite grace. We love you guys and can't wait to see the whole family when you return to Virginia.
Love, The Fiordelise family
For this, we have prayed for you and Rick. Two wonderful, christian people who are now parents to precious Hope! What a great time this is for all of you. We'll keep you all in our prayers and pray for a safe, quick return for Daddy! :)
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! :)
Post a Comment