About two weeks ago Hope and I were napping. She woke up before me, naturally of course, then she hit me on the arm and said"Maaaaaaa"! I was so touched!Now when I leave Rick says she'll call for me. Well, last night I was putting on my jacket around 7:30 to go to the gym and she lifted her arms, squeezed those little hands together and said, "MaaaaaaaMaaaaaaaa". It sounds like a sheep going BaaaaBaaaaa. Its not "Momma or Mommy" it Maaaaaaa.
No matter what, its that sweet sweet sound taht I've waited for for so long. Its a "come to my rescue call" or "I know you know what I want" kinda call. Its the sound that melts my hearts and brings me running no matter what I'm doing. I can't help but think about how much Jesus loves for us to call on Him. I so love taking care of my little girl. I'm so fortunant to work at home and be by her side. I'm enjoying every moment of watching her grow and learn. She is so sweet spirited and friendly. She and I were in the grocery store yesterday and we walked by this little white haired lady and Hope raised her hand and said "Hi" like her daddy. Its not a "Hi" with a long "e" sound, its Ricks southern draw "hi" with a long "i" sound. She's been making that word/sound for a few weeks, it was her first word. Then came "Maaaaaaaaaaaa" and O how I love that sound!!!!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Uh, Oh, now you are in for it. It sounds so sweet the first few times. If she is anything like you she will talk from sun up to sun down. Enjoy every little word and squeak that comes from that precious little mouth.
Hugs,
Mom
Post a Comment