Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sing to the Lord a New Song

Over the years as my heart was hoping to mother I would not allow a good deal to pass me by. Deals like baby shoes marked down, books on sale and so on. One of my best finds was a five pack of Kids Worship CD's. Daily, before I lift Hope out of bed and she's waking up all smiles I turn on one CD. I believe she anticipates this time. Yesterday and today even more she has started singing back to me as I sing to her. When I start with "Jesus loves the Little Children" she begins cooing steadily as if she is singing along with me. It's precious. Her response to music, especially worship has touched my heart. Because she is already imitating us, the song "O Be Careful Little Ears What You Hear", "O Be Careful Little Lips What You Say" seems to be much more important to me.
Psalms 149:3-5
Let them praise His name with dancing and make music to Him with tambourine and harp. For the Lord takes delight in His people; He crowns the humble with salvation. Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle! Erick and I are beyond thrilled for you and Rick. Hope is gorgeous; what a blessing! And how nice to see your smiling faces again. :-)