Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our First Sunday at Spotswood


Before Daddy could preach about Faith today, he had to talk about "Hope"! It was so very nice to be back home with our church family.Her debut dress says "Pretty Little Princess" and was given to Hope by her birth mother. I saved it for a very special day, her first Sunday at her church. The dress fit her well and made her glimmer like a princess. While at church under the flourescent lights we could see the red tint shining in her hair. MaMa & PaPa Nicely came to church with us today, as well as Rick's sister and her family. Hope quickly recognized her daddys voice on the microphone but knew it was much louder than usual.
I enjoyed getting Hope all dolled up for church, she was so good as I sang and talked to her. I thought about her birth mom so often today and shared with many that she picked out this dress for Hope. I was quickly reminded to pray for her and thank God for her decision to choose life!
Thank you to all of you who have prayed for us throughout our journey and will continue to be prayer warriors for us as a family!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! Praise God for His blessings. God's timing is perfect. We love you all.

Mom

Anonymous said...

We were praying for you on Sunday. It's great that Hope could spend her first official day at church hearing about her Heavenly Father through the lips of her earthly father. Love you guys!
Pat, Elisabeth, John, Alyssa, and David

Mrs. Mahr said...

Yay! I LOVE her dress! My mom used to dress me up in those same socks! Did she have lace on her underoos too? LOVE IT!