Princess Hope Victoria is one month old today! Wow! As I look at newborn clothes its hard to believe she's outgrown them and up to 10 lbs 12 oz in a months time.Then, as I unwrap 9mo-18mo outfits...I want to savor every moment. Those times when she loves to cuddle mid day or be rocked to sleep at night I refuse to do anything else. Im guilty of not putting her down and she doesn't like to be put down so its works for the both of us. Its a reminder that time is one of the most valuable commodities that we can give to a child, time to say I love you, time to walk hand in hand, time to give a backrub or share endearing terms that make them feel special. I believe every chid should have that time in the day when they look forward to having a parents undivided attention...its called bonding time...time to build them up...time to speak truth in their lives...time to develop what we call Character. Significantly...we have the Lord's undivided attention whenever we go to Him and thats where our Character is built.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Take Time with Our Children
Princess Hope Victoria is one month old today! Wow! As I look at newborn clothes its hard to believe she's outgrown them and up to 10 lbs 12 oz in a months time.Then, as I unwrap 9mo-18mo outfits...I want to savor every moment. Those times when she loves to cuddle mid day or be rocked to sleep at night I refuse to do anything else. Im guilty of not putting her down and she doesn't like to be put down so its works for the both of us. Its a reminder that time is one of the most valuable commodities that we can give to a child, time to say I love you, time to walk hand in hand, time to give a backrub or share endearing terms that make them feel special. I believe every chid should have that time in the day when they look forward to having a parents undivided attention...its called bonding time...time to build them up...time to speak truth in their lives...time to develop what we call Character. Significantly...we have the Lord's undivided attention whenever we go to Him and thats where our Character is built.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope is SO blessed to have such loving and devoted parents. I pray that one day when I have kids I will be as devoted as you are.
Sending my love! :)
Lisa
Wisely stated...
Looking forward to hearing about Hope's big debut at church. Praying for your message, Rick.
Love you guys. Elisbeth
Post a Comment