I've often referred to this battle within our adoption process as "Our Goliath". I don't believe it was by chance that our lesson in Adult Bible Fellowship yesterday was on the story of David and Goliath. I tried so hard to take it all in and find comfort in the Word being taught. So as I contemplated David, I realized that David had to conquor two other beasts in his life before he was ready for the giant.As I shared my thoughts with a dear friend I told her that I am living in a state of fear and worry. Humanly I know I shouldn't, but I recall 2005 when Gabriel was taken and I don't have another end result to compare it to.
Well, as only a friend can do, she reminded me that those are the beasts in my life, WORRY and FEAR.
I want so much for my life to show trust and peace. And it can when I go back and know, that I know that God directed our path with baby Hope as we acknowledged Him every step of the way in pursuing this adoption.
We believe she is an answered prayer, a gift, a treasure and God does not take His gifts away.
He actually gives more as we obey, trust and rid ourselves of those beasts so He can give us the courage to take on the Giants.
1 comment:
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. Lam. 3:21-22
We love you,
Mom
Post a Comment