Thursday, March 8, 2012

From This to...This

Why is it when the kids and honey are out of the house I get burst of energy to accomplish the world...well, MY WORLD at least. Today, on his day off he wanted to take the girls to see his parents so I could accomplish my list....so I cleaned the bathrooms, presented contracts, uploaded bills for the office to get paid, paid our bills, got the tax info together to be sent off, worked on Girls Retreat details for youth, wrote and mailed cards, organized my office, cleaned my room, worked on more of work and now I get to write.....
I recently sat under the teaching of J. Lovingood who said, "we learn best from our experiences when we REFLECT on them." How can I not reflect on February...what a change in my/our world. For the GOOD might I add. I didn't see it that way during the entire month as E has been a challenge. But as I reflect now I see such positive change in her.
I see a heart that wants love and is allowing us to love her NOW. I see what is most noticable in these pictures....a SMILE everyday. I see a heart that is learning to trust and come close instead of sitting on the sidelines she's participating in our Family. I see a little girl eagar to be a part of all that we do...family kisses, snuggles, prayer time, life with church family and the little things like laughing and playing. In six weeks, E can now pronounce each letter of the alphabet, she can count to 4, she is learning colors, and she says soooo mnay words.
I can't say it's any of myself, its simply the love in our family that is allowing her to thrive. I believe God has opened her heart to us, given her peace and that's why she has gone "From This (pic #1) to This (pic#4).




No comments: