Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Potty Training...O' How I Have Dreaded Thee

....furthermore I don't know why the thought has been so "over my head!" So, I cleared this week's calendar and decided to get this done! We talked about it last week, put up the potty chart, colored the Elmo Potty Book and put out the treats. (Need I remind myself that she began doing this and trying the potty this time last year?)
Day 1, yesterday was so against "my little creature of habit". At a very young age we realized however HVN learned something the first time is how she likes to do things or it's a bit upsetting to her. I recall changing the toys on her bouncy at 9 months old and she cried til I realized what I had done wrong and had to return the ones that were there when she was introduced to the fun. Now at two and a half, if I put away her doll house furniture the wrong way, she quickly returns it to the original place. So, potty training...was a little different the morning of Day 1. However, on Day 1 we had only one accident and she only wore a diaper to sleep in. By afternoon she was a pro. Today, Day 2 has been fun for her. She is so excited to go, even before the fifteen minute timer goes off....she poopy'd all three times today without me asking her if she had to go and before the timer reminded her to try. WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF HER...and yes we have a "potty dance"....and she's very quick to remind me...bye bye diapers...H-E-L-L-O panties!!!! I think the fun has been in the m&m's, the potty dance, the games we play while on the potty and of course...saving it all for daddy to see when he came home mid day...when she poopy'd...she immediately said "show daddy". Daddy was so kind to celebrate with her too. Now at the end of the day....I can say she's had so many successes and one small accident this morning...for the most part she's a pro and I'm asking myself...Why didn't I do this sooner?

No comments: