Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our Other Sanctuary

The silent sounds of the ocean are breath taking, our view captivating and our family time was priceless. We reserved this time after Rick's busy summer schedule. It was HVN's third time at the beach, however she had not been for a year. In Kindermusik we have been learning about "Creatures of the Ocean" so we've been singing the songs and doing hand motions about the beach for a couple months now. When we arrived it hit her that thats what we've been singing about...the ocean, sea gulls, sand in my sandles, sail boats, star fish and more. I took all her ocean and fish books with us so we could continue on. I love that God created the mind like that of a sponge...even at 2. The weather was perfect with no humidity which made it hard to leave.
One thing God has shown me of HVN is that when things that seem scarey come her way ie., big waves, animals, mommy and daddy crawling to get her and play... she does not run away. She runs to them/us. I directed my prayers and ask God to make her like a "David" in that she would run to Him when faced with giants in her life. I pray she is a woman who runs to the battle knowing her Savior will conquor the giants for her. Vacations are a gift and a time to recoup for the work God has called us to.






























No comments: