Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Day of Renewed Appreciation

This past week, Rick and I hosted my nieces (3 and 18 months). They are two super smart, cuddley, precious little girls. I had no clue what it was like to have three that close in age for a week. I found a new appreciation for my husband as he was in it with me. He knew exactly what they needed and when. I treasured that time with them and managed to hug and kiss on them as much as they would allow.
As I woke up last night with Hope I realized just how much I missed giving her almost all of my attention. I held her close and didn't want to put her back down. Her big blue eyes stared back at me with conversation only a mommy can read. We got back to our morning routine of waking up to Kids Worship and me doing her morning stretches and she laughing out loud...as if to say "I'm so glad to have Mommy all to myself again"!
It has been a day of renewed appreciation for our little one and the quiet moments God is gifting us with. Moments that will not return, therefore we aim to make the most of our time...loving our little girl, one another and being committed to our family...which shows our love for an Almighty God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so stinking cute!! I am so happy for you guys...

Love you - Brenda